To profit with purpose

The overarching mission is to profit with purpose by providing a specialised and experienced financing platform that will structure select investments to accelerate clean and sustainable energy infrastructure, energy and resource efficiency solutions (and related business models and services), and the supply chains that support them, which provide measured positive development outcomes for sub-Saharan Africa’s future.

Alten RE Developments Africa B.V.

Alten RE Developments Africa (Alten Africa) is a Sub-Saharan solar PV project developer and owner-operator. The company is a 51%-owned subsidiary of Alten Energías Renovables, an experienced Spanish solar PV project developer, with the remaining 49% held by Evolution II Fund.

The partnership initially aims to bring up to 500 MW of under-construction, advanced and pre-permitted solar PV projects into operation. Three projects are advanced: (i) the under-construction Hardap Project, a 47.1 MWp solar PV project located near Mariental in Namibia, scheduled to reach commercial operation date in September 2018; ii) the 51.5 MWp Kesses 1 Project in Kenya, in the final phase towards financial close by July 2018; and (iii) the 125 MWp Middle Band Solar One Project in Nigeria, with a signed power purchase agreement.

Fund Principals

James Eedes
Christopher Clarke

Fund:

Evolution II

Enterprise Value:

USD500 million

Investment Round Value:

USD36 million

Investment Amount:

USD36 million

Date of Deal Annoucement:

2017

Investment Year:

2018

Other Portfolio Investments:

Fund Principals

James Eedes
Christopher Clarke

Fund:

Evolution II

Enterprise Value:

USD500 million

Investment Round Value:

USD36 million

Investment Amount:

USD36 million

Date of Deal Annoucement:

2017

Investment Year:

2018

View company website >